Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Humpty Dumpty

Sometimes I feel like Humpty-Dumpty
Sitting upon the narrow wall, smiling –

as if I hadn’t a care in the world–

But don’t be fooled by my facade



Because inside, I’m scared I’m going to fall

and crumble into pieces that no one will be able to put together again.

Outside I look whole – but inside I’m coming undone. What can I do?

The the Word of the Lord came to me saying:
I know your hurts. I have collected all your tears in a bottle. (Ps 56:8)

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God! (Ps 43:5)

He sends forth His word and heals me. (Ps 107:20)

O Lord my God, I cried to You and You have healed me. (Ps 30:2) 

Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains [of punishment], yet we [ignorantly] considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God [as if with leprosy]. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole. (Is 53:4 – 5)

He picked up all the pieces and put me back together again.

He not only heals my wounds, but renews my joy.

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).(John 10:10)


Jesus said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." (Luke 24:39)

Nail scared hand and feet, remained on Jesus' perfected resurrected body – so people would see and believe. Likewise, I pray that as he heals my wounds, He leaves scares – so others can see God’s healing power and believe in the God who is my Counselor, my Abba Father, my Comforter, and my Healer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment