Sunday, April 11, 2010

OCD


"I want the Vans."
"Please put the shoes back, Sweetheart. We're not getting them"
"I want the Vans."
"I already bought you two pairs of shoes, one pair of tennis shes and a pair of dress shoes."
"I want the Vans."
"Honey, we are leaving the store with $200 worth of clothes for you - I can't afford another thing."
"I want the Vans."
"You really don't need anything else."
"I want the Vans."
"Why can't you just say 'Thanks you' for what I did get you?"
"I want the Vans"
"I want the Vans" is the constant hum I hear from the backseat as I turn up the music trying to drowned out the sound.
"I want the Vans" is the dinner conversation.
The singing of the "I want the Vans" makes it almost impossible to enjoy the singing on the families favorite show 'American Idol'
"Time for bed."
"I want the Vans."
Let's pray. "Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you that we got to go shopping. Thank you for all the new things we got. Thank you for the fun we had as a family. Please help Sweetheart to go to sleep and have good dreams."
"Would you like to pray, Sweetheart?"
"Dear Jesus, I want the Vans. Amen."
"Lord,I want the Vans."
"Every perfect gift comes from above, from Me, the Father of Light. I do not change like shifting shadows."
"I really need the Vans."
"If I clothe the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will I not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"
"Lord, can't I exchange the gifts you've given me for the Vans?"
"Every perfect gift comes from above, from Me, the Father of Light. I do not change like shifting shadows."
"But God, I really want the Vans."
"Lord, please heal me and rescue me from my OCD."

No comments:

Post a Comment